The environment and nature
The Central Uusimaa Regional Environment Centre looks after matters related to Järvenpää's environmental protection and environmental health, as well as veterinary medicine and animal welfare matters. The Environment Centre additionally handles permits and monitoring related to soil extraction. The goal of the Environment Centre's activities is to secure a healthy, safe and enjoyable regional living environment, and a diverse and ecologically sustainable natural environment. Tuusula serves as the Centre's host municipality.
Central Uusimaa Regional Environment Centre
- Postal address: P.O. Box 60, 04301 Tuusula
- Visiting address: Hyrylänkatu 8 C, 04300 TUUSULA
- Email: yaktoimisto(at)tuusula.fi
- Telephone switchboard: (09) 87181
- Opening hours: Mon–Thu from 9 am to 3 pm On-call phone line: Mon–Thu from 9 to 11 am (09) 8718 2257.
- website (in Finnish)
- Veterinary consultations between 8 am and 3 pm, tel. 040 314 4717, Neilikkakatu 20 C, 04420 Järvenpää.
- Veterinary emergencies (Central Uusimaa Regional Environment Centre, in Finnish) weekdays between 3 pm and 8 am; weekends from Friday at 3 pm until Monday at 8 am, and on holidays, tel. 0600 14241.
- Animal welfare matters (Central Uusimaa Regional Environment Centre, in Finnish): a control veterinarian can be reached between 8 am and 3 pm, tel. 040 314 4756.
- Stray house pets (cats, dogs, etc.) found in Järvenpää are taken in by the animal shelter and pet spa/hotel Onnentassu in Riihimäki (Pohjoinen rautatienkatu 334, 11120 Riihimäki, tel. 050 338 4698). Mon–Su from 7 am to 11 am and from 3 pm to 7 pm.
See also contacts for Järvenpää's Technical Service Point
Links for pages in Finnish:
- Bird-watching tower
- Carpet-washing sites
- Dog parks
- Energy (Finnish Energy Industries, in English)
- Gardening plots
- Nature conservation areas
- Street maintenance
- Waste management and recycling
- Water utility company Järvenpään Vesi